QLD (Skills Assure)
The User Choice program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
- Funding through User Choice is available to all Trainees and Apprentices who have entered into a contract for a qualification in Queensland.
- Trainees and Apprentices can access up to two (2) qualifications under User Choice
Flexible Training Solutions is a Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) of User Choice.
Students pay a co-contribution fee along with the Queensland government.
|National Code||Qualification Name||Maximum Nominal Hours||Maximum Student Contribution*+||Priority Qualification|
|BSB10120||Certificate I in Workplace Skills||205||$328.00||Priority 1|
|BSB20120||Certificate II in Workplace Skills||330||$528.00||Priority 3|
|BSB30120||Certificate III in Business||490||$784.00||Priority 3|
|BSB30719||Certificate III in Work Health and Safety||363||$580.80||Priority 3|
|SIR20216||Certificate II in Retail Services||360||$576.00||Priority 3|
|SIR30216||Certificate III in Retail||405||$648.00||Priority 3|
|TLI31221||Certificate III in Driving Operations||625||$1,000.00||Priority 2|
|TLI30321||Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations||600||$960.00||Priority 2|
*Applies only to enrolments where the applicant is eligible for User Choice funding.
+Calculated at a rate of $1.60 per Nominal Hour. Actual amount will be dependent on Units selected.
Other qualifications (and the above for those not eligible for funding) are available for delivery by a Fee For Service model in QLD, please contact us for pricing and availability.
Partial exemptions for Student contribution fees (only 40% of the fee) will be made if the participant:
- was or will be under 17 at the end of February in the year in which training is provided and has not completed year 12
- holds a health care or pensioner concession card or is a dependant of a person who holds a health care or pensioner concession card and is named on the card
- issues Flexible Training Solutions with an official form confirming that the participant, partner, or person of whom the participant is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a health care or pensioners concession card
- is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person as stated on the Training Contract and AVETMISS VET enrolment form
Full exemptions for Student contribution fees may be made if the participant falls into one or more of the following exemption categories:
- If payment of the student contribution fee would cause extreme financial hardship
- If the State advises in writing that fees are optional.
Full exemptions for Student Contribution fees will be made if the participant falls into one or more of the following exemption categories:
- Where credit transfer/recognition has been applied to a Unit of Competency/Module
- Where the Participant is a School-based Apprentice or Trainee
Funding and fees are based on the government’s prioritisation of courses. Qualifications that lead to occupations with a higher priority level receive the largest contribution from the government.